Thursday, February 03, 2005

Survey Questions #1 and #2

Beth: Is this thing on? Oh, good!
Attention all attendees! We here at Blogfest HQ™ (Southern Office) are trying to finalize the schedule for the Shindig.
Spats: Is that a real word?
Beth:Yes, I looked it up. It's a real word. Now, hush. I'm making an announcement.
So, as I was saying, we working on the schedule. Friday night is pretty much a done deal. Check into the hotel as you roll into town, and then we'll meet up at Humperdink's (3820 Belt Line Road, just down the street from the hotel) for food, drink, and a general get-to-know-you time. (This is when the quiz will be taken. Prizes may be awarded. Haven't decided that yet.) The gab-fest will then move on over to the Holiday Inn Express when a: the first bloggers start dropping off; or b:when Zane needs to hit the sack. (Right, Denita?)
Spats: Prizes? We can win prizes? OK, now where is that attendees blogroll again?
Beth: No, ya big oaf, we can't win any prizes. That would be cheating.
So, on Saturday, during the day, we have several options. Sight seeing (any ideas where?), a trip to a range for some target practice (hmm... need to see if I can bring Mr. Friendly along... I'm sure he'd enjoy a field trip), and a Blog Q&A (where newer bloggers can pick the brains of the "old pros" and everyone can just talk up a storm about that which ties us all together- this dang addiction known as blogging) have all been mentioned as possibilities. So, Survey Question #1- what are your choices from the list above (in order of preference)?
Spats: Will we only get to do one of those things?
Beth: Probably not. I'm sure we'll be able to squeeze in more than one thing into the schedule. I'm looking for priorities here.
Now we come to my conundrum. Saturday night in the Big D. What to do? What to do? What to do? Someone who shall remain nameless (ZiPpo) suggested that I just make an executive decision, but... well... here's the deal. Unless y'all come up with something MUCH better, the plan is to hit Billy Bob's over in Ft. Worth (don't panic! We'll carpool! We won't risk losing any of our bloggers in D/FW traffic!)
Spats: And I suppose you're going to expect all of us to Two Step, too, aren't you?
Beth:
Damn strai... I'm mean, darn right, y'all are going to dance. Why in the world do you think I want to do this? I want to dance with some of these cute guys. And, come on, Spats, admit it... you know you'd like to do a little dancing with some of the ladies... come on...
Spats:
I can neither confirm nor deny that I can or will dance with... hey, she's kinda cute...
So, as I was saying... Chris Cagle will be in concert on Saturday night, and I've heard he puts on a good show.(Any guy who sings a song called " 'Cause the Chicks Dig It" can't be all bad!" And, come on- it's Billy Bob's- how much more Texas can you get than that? As for the dancing, it'll be fun! Really! Here are directions on how to Two Step. (How long have you lived in Texas, and you still haven't learned how to Two Step???) So... Survey Question #2- is everyone ok with Billy Bob's on Saturday night, or do you have another idea?
Thanks, and have a great weekend! (And, by the way, in case anyone was wondering... yeah, Spats and I really are like this.)
Spats:Am not!
Beth:Are too!